Sightseeing Tour Introduction:
San Miguel Allende is normally included in travel specialized magazines as favorite city to visit (Conde Nast 2017) besides this, there are other UNESCO sites, with interesting smaller towns to visit in between. The central area in Mexico named Bajío (low land) has rich soil to cultivate some of the nest vegetables of the country, great lakes and spectacular views of green mountains and volcanoes. Guanajuato, Querétaro or Morelia are beautiful cities but probably not well known destinations. Not to mention the Monarch Butterfly site, protected by UNESCO from 2008. Welcome to discover the real Mexico on this journey! Book today!
Sightseeing Tour Highlights:
- Day 1. The red, blown glass heart is the symbol of this cosmopolitan city named World heritage site by UNESCO 2008. Enjoy the walk of the city, talking about local history, culture & traditions. Many of the handcraft shops can be found on the way and interesting boutiques as well. After lunch, enjoy the half day tour to the nearby Sanctuary of Atotonilco. Stay overnight.
- Day 2. After checking out the hotel, we will be stopping at Queretaro. Follow your Guide in downtown to find out the colorful city with impressive architecture at the local aqueduct, the Franciscan Convent and the Spanish homes around the main square. Lunchtime. Free afternoon and stay overnight.
- Day 3. After breakfast, it´s one hour drive to Bernal where one of the world´s biggest rocks is visible from the roadside. Walking the city is like a time machine to 1800´s. Continue to Tequisquiapan to enjoy the vineyards and wine tastings as we stay for lunchtime. Return to hotel in Queretaro is programmed by 6 pm. Stay overnight.
- Day 4. Starting 9 AM, today we will drive to the lake region in central Mexico with great views of volcanoes and lakes populated from pre Columbian times. Arriving to Morelia for
lunchtime, time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included.
After having lunch, discover the importance of the city established 1541 and how UNESCO recognizes the local baroque style that goes like a combination of Madrid-Rome in architecture, as we do the walking city tour of downtown. Tour goes around the main square and the local Cathedral and will be no more than 2 hours. Star overnight in Morelia.
- Day 5. Starting 9 AM, first we will do the boat ride to Janitzio Island to watch the volcanic landscape & meet the fishermen with famous butterfly nets. Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included. When the boat ride is over, we do the walk of the city in downtown talking about local history, culture & traditions. When doing the walk of the city, many of the handcraft shops can be found on the way to see the important buildings from XVI century like the House of the eleven patios, the old Cathedral, The Jesuit College & the main church named Basilica after 1926. Return to Morelia is programmed by 6 pm to your hotel lobby.
- Day 6. This morning after breakfast, we will be getting ready to organize the trip to Guanajuato. Enjoy the scenic drive to find landscape with volcanic mountains and valleys having beans, chickpeas, corn & winter wheat, plus the lakeshore of Cuitzeo, a long shallow lake that looks like a winter paradise for ducks and birds from North America. In Guanajuato we´ll discover the romantic city of Mexico as we walk the narrow streets in downtown and mining tunnels to visit La Valenciana church and the Pipila monument. Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included. Check in and stay overnight.
- Day 7. Today we will be discovering the enchanting city of Guanajuato. Established mid 1500´s, the city was settled down there as the Spanish found gold and silver mines in the surrounding mountains. Next to your Tour Guide, enjoy walking one more city listed as one of Mexico’s 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites from 1988 that was the first battlefield of the Mexican War of Independence. Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included. Free afternoon and stay overnight.
- Day 8. This morning after breakfast, we will be getting ready to organize the drive back to to San Miguel Allende with interesting stops on the way. First on schedule is Dolores Hidalgo where the Mexican war of independence was started 1810 by father Miguel Hidalgo. Next to the architecture around the main square, enjoy the ice cream stop! Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included. Finally, stop at the “La Aurora” complex of antiques, art galleries and handcrafts. Check in. End of trip at your hotel/home.
Tour lasts: 7 nights, 8 days.
Tours included City Tour San Miguel Allende, City Tour Morelia, City Tour Querétaro and City Tour Guanajuato, next to Atotonilco, Dolores, Tequisquiapan, Bernal, Patzcuaro & Cuitzeo.
Included: Transport & bilingual Guide-driver, fuel, toll roads, parking and admission tickets.
Not Included: Tax, hotel rooms, meals & other means of transportation. Effective: All year round
Bonus: Monarch´s tour to wintertime only (Nov-20 to March-20)
Enjoy this weekly program to discover hidden treasures of Mexico, away from the crowd at the popular beach destinations so you can organize taking this tour before/after going to the sand & sun place! It´s an excellent idea to discover Mexico for the first time in which our guides will offer the program to relax and enjoy every stop. Forget about asking for directions or pay admission in Spanish. This tour is not a desk program; it´s a Pro Tour Guide Tour!