Sightseeing Tour Introduction:
The central area in Mexico named Bajío (low land) has rich soil to cultivate some of the nest vegetables of the country, great lakes and spectacular views of green mountains and volcanoes. Guanajuato, Querétaro or Morelia are beautiful cities but probably not well known destinations. Except for San Miguel Allende that is normally included in travel specialized magazines as favorite city to visit (Conde Nast 2017) no matter this, they all are UNESCO cities, with interesting smaller towns to visit in between. Not to mention the Monarch Butterfly site, protected by UNESCO from 2008. Welcome to discover the real Mexico on this journey!
Sightseeing Tour Highlights:
- Day 1. After depart at 12:00 PM from Mexico City, the scenic drive takes us beyond pine trees to a National Park “La Marquesa” at 3000 meters above sea level. Lunchtime will take place on the way to Toluca, to the first stop. The bill is not included. After lunch, stop at Toluca to enjoy the walk in the famous Cosmovitral; a large botanical garden with an interesting collection of flora & fauna next to colorful stain glass. By the sunset, check in the hotel in Zitacuaro to rest and get ready for the next morning.
- Day 2. Today the tour will start 7 AM to drive up to the mountains, in order to start the hike before the crowd comes. The further we hike in the woods, the more monarchs we can
see, flying between trees and, sometimes around people!
Lunch time will take place at the Monarchs, to enjoy the local specialties. Bill not included.
After this hike & lunch, the drive back to the green valley in Zitacuaro is by the sunset around 6 pm, to stay overnight there and to achieve all good memories and great photos taken today.
- Day 3. Today we will be getting ready for breakfast and organize the trip to Morelia. Enjoy the scenic drive to find landscape with volcanic mountains and valleys having beans, chickpeas, corn & winter wheat, plus the lakeshore of Cuitzeo, a long shallow lake that looks like a winter paradise for ducks and birds from North America. Lunchtime will take place in Morelia. Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included. After having lunch, discover the importance of the city established 1541 and how UNESCO recognizes the local baroque style that goes like a combination of Madrid-Rome in architecture, as we do the walking city tour of downtown. Tour goes around the main square and the local Cathedral and will be no more than 2 hours. Star overnight in Morelia.
- Day 4. Starting 9 AM, today we will drive to the lake region in central Mexico with great views of Cuitzeo & Yuriria lakes, both populated from pre Columbian times. Arrival to San Miguel Allende. Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included. Discover the city named “Best city to visit” in 2017 by Conde Nast traveler, as we do the walk of the city, talking about local history, culture & traditions. Many of the handcraft shops can be found on the way and interesting boutiques as well. Check in.
- Day 5. The red, blown glass heart is the symbol of this cosmopolitan city named World heritage site by UNESCO 2008. Enjoy this morning to discover the city on your own. After lunch, enjoy the half day tour to the nearby Sanctuary of Atotonilco and the “La Aurora” complex of antiques, art galleries and handcrafts. Stay overnight.
- Day 6. Today we will be discovering the enchanting city of Guanajuato. Established mid 1500´s, the city was settled down there as the Spanish found gold and silver mines in the surrounding mountains. Next to your Tour Guide, enjoy walking one more city listed as one of Mexico’s 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites from 1988 that was the first battlefield of the Mexican War of Independence. Time for lunch will be provided but, the bill is not included.
- Day 7. After checking out the hotel, we will be stopping at Queretaro. Follow your Guide in downtown to find out the colorful city with impressive architecture at the local aqueduct, the Franciscan Convent and the Spanish homes around the main square. Lunchtime. Continue driving back to Mexico City. Services will end at hotel/airport in CDMX.
Tour lasts: 6 nights, 7 days.
Tours included Monarch Butterfly, City Tour Morelia, City Tour San Miguel Allende, City Tour Querétaro and City Tour Guanajuato.
Included: Transport & bilingual Guide-driver, fuel, toll roads, parking and admission tickets.
Not Included: Tax, hotel rooms, meals & other means of transportation. Effective: Nov-20 to March-20 every year.
This program is designed to discover hidden treasures of Mexico in a week, away from the crowd at the popular beaches. Five important UNESCO sites are included in this itinerary next to famous magic towns or “Pueblos Magicos” that picture the real country, with an intricate combination of Spanish and indigenous culture and art expressions. Don’t hesitate to call your travel agent or Tour Guide to enrich your trip with additional stops on this journey to “The heart of Mexico”. Contact Mexico Private Tours for details: